Monday, August 21, 2017

Talents

¡Hola todos!

This week, we had the branch activity. A bunch of people came and we had churri-pan, basically sausages in bread, and Elder Roberts and I presented a video demonstrating the unity of the missionaries with a member family of the church. I love this video because it shows that this is not the missionary´s work, but our work together. The missionaries are always happy to help the members of the church with their service, whether it be giving advice, or teaching a friend with them. "Ask the missionaries! They can help you!"

We found some great new families too. One is a young mother of three who heard the missionaries over 5 years ago. God led us to her door. She accepted a baptismal date and seems really ready to accept more in her life. When we invited her to church, she sad "I´m bring my husband too! It will be good for both of us." We are excited for them.

Gregorio and Marilin are doing great too and already know that the Book of Mormon is true.They still have a lot of challenges to overcome before they can get baptized, but we recently introduced them to a member family here. They love it when we pass by.

Valeria is an investigator that we have been teaching ever since I got to Saenz Peña. She´s started to read a lot in the Book of Mormon and she went to church once. We've introduced her to so many of the members already and she went to the branch activity. She just needs to ask God to know if the Book of Mormon is true and we are excited for her to receive her answer. Please pray for her too!

Every week is a new battle, but every time I say a prayer asking that God will help me focus and be patient, He sends a peace and a resolve to do my best. I know that everything will be okay as I continue to love Him and His children with all that I am and have. He has given me distinct experiences and talents to do His work and I am a unique and special tool in His hands. As I continue to encounter new situations and experiences, I can help even more people come closer to God. This week, I invite each of you to use one of your unique talents to invite someone else to come closer to God. As you do, you will find greater joy in your gifts and a stronger testimony that God is your father.

¡Que tenga una semana feliz!
Elder Cloward

No comments:

Post a Comment