Monday, October 16, 2017

A Witness for His Name



¡Hola a todos!

I got home just two weeks ago. Diego went to church again and is really starting to change his life around. He received a very powerful and personal witness that the Book of Mormon is true. I am so excited for him and for the changes he is making. They are changes that you can see in his smile and in his actions. Not only has he stopped drinking, he has begun to teach his family members what we have taught him. That's what the gospel of Jesus Christ does when we live it: we change and have an increased desire to serve others.

Valeria went to a branch activity and loved it and stayed all three hours at church again. I am excited for her too!
On Sunday, we found some new families to teach. Hopefully, one of the kids we met will be able to got to the English classes we planned to set up.

On Monday, I traveled to the mission office in Resistencia where we stayed until we had dinner with President Patanía, the mission president and Sister Patanía, his wife. There were only four of us finishing our missions, so it felt really personal being with them. It was so satisfying that evening going to the hotel and knowing that we had done it. We were going home!

The next day, we took a plane from Resistencia to Buenos Aires, stayed there in the airport all day, then got an all night flight to Georgia. It was an interesting feeling leaving Argentina. As I saw the city lights through the parcially cloudy night sky, I felt a little sad, not knowing if I would see it all again. I remembered a few particular families I had taught. But most of those feelings soon left me and I felt super excited for the future. From there, I took a plane to Austin. Another missionary coming from Brazil was also on board. I got to talk to a great couple with great questions on that flight.

As I came down the stairs, I was expecting just my mom or dad to be waiting for me because of school, but everyone was there! I am so happy to be with them again!

Image may contain: 6 people, people smiling, people standing
All of my family was waiting for me when I got off the plane. I love them!

I just recently found work at Chick-fil-a, where I worked before my mission. I'll be going up to BYU Provo in January to start college. I am excited to continue a life of dedicated service. It is important to me as I move forward to continue the good little habits I developed on my mission. I know that as I continue to study the scriptures daily (as the Prophet President Monson instructs), develop my relationship with God through sincere and frequent prayer, go to church every Sunday, and seek always to serve others, I will continue to become the man God wants me to be and be an "instrument in the hands of God" for the rest of my life (Alma 17:9). That is my wish. I will be a witness for His name!

No comments:

Post a Comment