Saturday, December 5, 2015

First Letter from Argentina

I am now in Resistencia!  Yesterday was really crazy.  We made it to the Buenos Aires airport in the morning and found some church representatives.  I left with one of them before I could say good bye to my friends.  That was hard.  We were suddenly in a different world.  The trees are very different here and the birds are even more so.  Wow!

We went to church headquarters where I met Elder Briceno who was going home from Resistencia.  He and another lady took me on a walk through the city and we got a buffet lunch.  At about 4:30, I left for the airport to go to Resistencia and met Elder Rossi and Sister Agilera, two other new missionaries going to Resistencia.  That's when I really realized I can't speak Spanish!  I can't tell what they are saying at all!  Elder Rossi is from Argentina.  He has been helping me learn.  If Ever I didn't know what he was saying, he would explain himself until I understood.  He has been so helpful!  We made it to Resistencia late at night, met President Franco, who is so nice, and the president's assistants took Elder Rossi and me to a hotel.  I was so tired, I slept just fine.

A lot of things are different here and I feel kind of helpless.  I recognize now that I need God's help even more than before.  I have to listen harder, pray harder, and work harder.  I play now that I can have the spirit with me always.

I hope all is well at home and that you are happy.  I will email you next week.  I have faith God will bless my Spanish because all I want to do is help other people.

Love,
        Elder Cloward

P.S.  It's funny to learn a new language because I'm starting to forget some words in English.  Oh dear!

No comments:

Post a Comment