Sunday, May 8, 2016

¡Una semana feliz!

¡Hola todos!

It´s still raining, can you believe it? Fortunatly, it stopped just long enough for Sunday. People here don´t come to church on rainy Sundays.
 
We had some really great experiences this week trying to reach our weekly goals. We put a weekly goal to have 9 investigators who excepted a day for their baptisms. For nearly the whole week, we invited everyone we could to be baptized, and nearly everyone of them accepted! I know that God made it posible to reach this goal. Now we get to help all of these people prepare themselves to reach their goals.
 
Soup!
We found a few really prepared investigators too. One day, we felt prompted to visit one of the members, even though we only had 30 minutes left until lunch. As we were walking, a man called to us. He invited us to come to his house and teach him the following day. When we came, he was super excited to see us. We taught him about the importance of the Book of Mormon, which he understood perfectly. He said "this book is going to be my guide so that I can return to God." Sometimes, phrases like that that our investigators say strike me. That IS what the Book of Mormon is for. It´s another testimony to me that what I am doing is right and true.
 
We had interviews again with the President Franco, the mission president. I learned so much from him and I can´t wait to apply it.
 
We are continuing to work with Samuel,  our 11 year old investigator. He asked me last week if I would baptize him and I said I would. Using some ideas from my Dad, we gave him a calendar to help him see how many days are left until his baptizm, and to remember to pray and read the Book of Mormon. We also played the Name Game (or in Spanish, pronounced Na-meh Ga-meh). He and his siblings had 3 minutes to write down as many names of people they knew as posible. They got a huge list together! Afterward, we invited them to invite these people to Samuel´s baptism. What a great idea!
 
Samuel our 11 year old investigator who asked me to baptize him this week!

 His baptism is this Saturday. Please pray that he can keep preparing himself and that he can make it that day. I´m so excited for him!

¡Que tenga una semana feliz!

Elder Cloward

No comments:

Post a Comment