Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Asado and Repentance

¡Hola todos!

This week, we found several new potential families to teach. It´s such a wonderful experience to find someone new. You walk up to person(s), not knowing beforehand what you will say. You are constantly aware that what you say may influence whether or not they choose to learn more about the message. With many people, you can tell almost instantly that they don´t want to change their lives. But with a few, they accept to learn more and it brings a happy feeling. The really hard part is working with them and inviting them to change. They don´t know what they are missing until we invite them to come to Christ. Each of them has unique needs and interests and it´s impossible to help them with out the help of the Holy Ghost. He helps us to say exactly what every person needs.

A little bit of Argentina.
In one such encounter, a lady asked me why I was serving in a mission. I remember always wanting to, but not knowing when I would send in my mission papers. As I prayed, God answered me in a very personal way that I had to go right away. I know that God wants me here right now!

Valeria, one of the investigators here is slowly obtaining her testimony. She seems to know that the Book of Mormon is true, but she doesn´t know it yet. We´ve been visiting her in the house of the Ayala family, a couple of two return missionaries. The lessons with her are so great! Please pray for Valeria.

Today, we made asado (Argentine BBQ) with Hermano Ayala. He taught us a super easy way to start the fire and how to make a super delicious condiment on top. It was really tasty!

That looks tasty!
Asado with Hermano Ayala.
More than anything, I learned this week about humility and repentance. Our mission as missionaries is preach repentance and baptize converts. Elder Roberts and I realized that if we don´t know very well for ourselves how to repent, it is difficult to teach others. Repentance is more than just changing our behaviors, it´s changing our desires and our will, who we are. For example, we found that just reading the Book of Mormon doesn´t changing anyone, it´s applying the words to oneself, asking God if it´s true, and seeking for truth, that makes the change. I invite each of you to ponder a weakness you have and with God´s help, make plans to change not just your behavior, but your desire. As you will, the change you make will be eternal and you will grow closer to God. You will come on know Him better.

¡Que tenga una semana feliz!
Elder Cloward




No comments:

Post a Comment