Friday, January 15, 2016

First Transfer!

¡Hola todos!

What a blessing it is to be able to talk to you. Technology is really incredible. Don´t take it for granted.



This week was really crazy. The mission time is organized into 6 week periods. Every 6 weeks, we get a call. They tell us whether we´re staying in our area, or moving to another part of the mission. They called me and my companion and said "¡se queda!" You stay! Hurray! I love Villa Angela and know there is still more for me to do here.

Moving in with the other Elders

We spent a good part of the beginning of the past week traveling to various meetings. It`s frustrating to me at times to go to meetings because it means we aren't there with our investigators, but I know they are important.
Our old pension. Now clean!



For a large chunk of the end of the week, we got to clean our pension really well because we were notified that Sister Missionaries will be joining us here. I think it`s super exciting; Sister missionaries can teach in a way we Elders can`t. It does mean, though, that we have to make everything perfect and... we have to split the member lunches. That means less food and more cooking. Still, I am excited to have more missionaries in our district. We`ve been searching for a new apartment, which has been tough. A lot of the things we do here take away from teaching. I hope we can find a good one soon.





This week, we had consejo (planning meeting with the leaders in the branch) and invited many people to accompany us to lessons. We already had two of these lessons and they were outstanding. The members can teach, often way better than we can, and the Holy Ghost is with them when they speak. I can`t wait to share the work with the members. I invite you, if you can, to go out and teach with the missionaries. It`s a really good way to grow your testimony of missionary work, make good friends, and have the spirit.

I have really been stretched and pulled this week. I feel like God`s torta frita (fried tortilla). Throughout our lives, he rolls us out with His great big rolling pin of tests and trials. He does this because He loves us and knows the great potential we have. God will always provide a way to accomplish what He asks of us.


Bread! It is good!

I have found that some of my minor health issues before have now become a burden here. I`ve been getting sun rashes and the soap we use to clean the dishes hurts my hands. Also, I have a minor case of hypoglycemia which means that if I don`t eat enough, by blood sugar gets low and I start to feel like everything is going wrong even when everything is fine. These trials are hard, but I know that this is part of God`s mission for me and just means I have to take care of myself a little more.

I know that God loves us. He knows each of you personally and wants you to be happy. He has provided a way for each of us to have joy in this life and in the life to come. Jesus Christ is the way. Keep his commandments and repent and He will give you the greatest gift of all; to live with Him with your families. I testify that this is true. I invite you to have faith in His plan and then to act to receive these great blessings.

Looking forward to a happy week! Remember, happiness is a choice, not a circumstance.

See you next week!
Elder Cloward

1 comment: