Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Week 11 ( I only know because in-field training is 12 weeks)

What a week! It really felt short because I was sick for a day and a half. I learned so much and there were many small miracles.
 
Funny painting and my hat.
After we came back to the pension for lunch on Friday, I didn`t feel too good and wasn`t able to eat lunch. I slept through studies. When I woke up, I asked my companion for a preisthood blessing. During the priesthood blessing, I remembered a scripture Ether 12:6 that says something like "ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith." I didn`t feel too much better after the blessing, but I felt, "if you want to see miracles, you first have to act. When we have faith, we believe in God and in His power. Then we act so that we can receive the blessings he has ready for us. We first have to know His will, because if we have faith He will bless us with a good thing, but it is not His will, we still won`t receive. I felt that it didn`t make sense that His will would be to stay in the pension, so I got up, put on my shirt, and we went out to work. It was important to me to help the people we hd planed to visit. 

However, I still felt really bad. We ended up visiting a different man, and though we didn`t teach a lesson or share scriptures, we cheared him up. That was happy. We had to go back because I was feeling terrible. I made it back to the pension and a half our later, I threw up. This is not a story of failure or an event that weakened my faith. God taught me a lot about faith in this experience. We were able to help a lot of people and even made some friends (my companion is realy funny! Story for later...) I know that God lives. He loves us and is always there for us, though it`s not often how we expect.
Yum!
We have an investigator named Angelica that is very close to baptism. We are excited for her!
Love you all!
Elder Cloward

Brownies!


No comments:

Post a Comment