Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Unforgetable Memories

¡Hola todos!

We had some very unique experiences this week, not all of which I will be able to relate. It was a week full of spiritual experiences, testimony builders, and unforgettable memories.

A picture of a part of the center of the city.

On Saturday, I focused on strengthening my testimony of the prophet Joseph Smith. I prayed that God would help me know if he was a prophet. Then I read out loud his experience when he prayed and saw God and Jesus Christ. I felt good and happy and I realized that my prayer had been answered, just as God had answered Joseph. I am glad God hears and answers our prayers. Later that evening, we spent all of our time trying to find new people to teach. We didn´t have a single lesson, which doesn´t happen very often. As the night was coming to a close, I prayed that I would be able to share with someone my testimony of the Book of Mormon and give them a copy. I did get to share my testimony: "The Book of Mormon is one of the most important books in the whole world. I know that as you read it, you will have greater peace and happiness in your live and in your family. I know this is true because I have seen many blessings in my live and in my family."

Us with a great member family here. They made empanadas for us!
Not very many people accepted us, but a realized for myself how important the Book of Mormon is to me.
I gained a greater testimony of following spiritual promptings. Sometimes what we feel prompted to do doesn´t make sense, but I learned that as I follow these promptings, I am more at peace and I don´t have to regret missing an opportunity to do good.

This week, we got an order for all of the missionaries in our zone who wanted alfajores and on Friday, we went to the alfajor factory to buy some boxes. We didn´t get to see any alfajores being made, but it was a fun experience because afterward, we were running all over the city with 6 boxes of alfajores (144 alfajores to be exact)! That was fun.


Six boxes of alfajores, 24 in each box. An alfajor is a treat composed of soft cookies "glued" together with dulce de leche. They are a lot cheaper when we buy them at the factory and are really delicious
Too much sugar.
Yesterday, I got a little sick. We left in the afternoon to go work, and I prayed to God that, if it was His will, I could stay out all night, or at least long enough to teach one person. We did get to teach someone, a really great man in his 80´s. He shared with us some really amazing experiences he has had in his life and some really hard things too. We began to teach him about the plan of salvation, God´s plan for us in this life. I was doing fine, right until the end of the lesson. I started to feel really dizzy and cold. I started to ask the man if I could use his bathroom, but it was already too late. I felt really bad, because I was sick, but also because we hardly knew the man. He was very understanding and kind. It was a funny experience that I don´t think I will forget. I hope he lets us go teach him again. I got some good rest and I´m doing a lot better today.

We are having good success here in spite of our weaknesses. It is a hard but happy work and I am learning to enjoy it even more. Thank you for your prayers. Where ever you may be, listen to the Holy Ghost and share the gospel with everyone. I promise that you will be more grateful and happy for your efforts.

¡Que tenga una buena semana!
Elder Cloward

No comments:

Post a Comment