Tuesday, July 26, 2016

God´s Merciful Plan of Happiness - Transfers!

¡Hola!

This is the last week of the transfer again. Next week I will be writing on Tuesday. I have no idea whether I will stay or go, whether I will train, or be a leader; it´s a really exciting time for a missionary. However, more missionaries are coming, so it is very likely that there will be more missionaries in Avellaneda. I am happy about that.

I had divisions with Elder Bess again. We visited Lilia and Julio, a couple that he and his companion started teaching at the very beginning of his mission.


There are some really beautiful places here in Argentina.


Some really great things are happening here, and the work feels slow and fast at the same time. We taught an older lady about prayer this week. She doesn´t always seem to understand us very well, and her family isn´t very interested in listening to us, but we have felt that we should keep teaching her. We taught her this week how to pray. She can´t read, so it was difficult and I didn´t know if she was going to understand, but at the end, she gave a beautiful prayer and understood perfectly. That made me really happy!

A goofy picture. We are happy that it is p-day!
We went back to Las Toscas again, for the first time this transfer. Alejandra and Milagros were happy to see us. Depending on what happens for transfers, it may have been the last time I will ever see them. They are really amazing people!

Las Toscas
We met a really great man on the bus back who happily accepted a Book of Mormon. He was really curious about what we do and was surprised and grateful when we offered him the book. That was a happy encounter.

We also got to have interviews with President Franco, the mission president, this week. I always learn so much from him. Sometimes I learn things even just being in the same room as him. He taught us about using the Book of Mormon to invite people to come closer to Christ and keep His commandments. I have begun to study the Book of Mormon by topics so that I can better teach in this way. It is really fun!

The route going through Reconquista
I am grateful for God´s merciful plan of happiness. We all make mistakes and by ourselves, we come short. But through Christ, we can reach our potential and be who God wants us to be. Through the Atonement of Christ, all things will be made right. As we do all that we can, we accept Christ and His sacrifice. I love Him! Do all that you can to show your love for Him this week!

Elder Cloward
I got two really good Argentine bird books today. They are probably the best books that exist for Argentine birds, just stuffed with information of each species... and in Spanish! 

No comments:

Post a Comment