Monday, October 3, 2016

Learning, Protection, and Promised Blessings

¡Hola todos!

It´s been a great week with my new companion, Elder Caceres. We have been focusing especially on a new family. Eliana and Janil, two sisters have had really hard lives in the past, but have begun to listen to us. God has helped us answer many of their questions and we are praying that they can make it to church next week. I have felt the spirit talk to them through us several times and they are reading in the scriptures. One morning, before we went to visit them, I felt so excited. We were going to teach some prepared people more about how to be happy! It brings me so much happiness to teach people that are interested and I felt a little bit of Christ´s love for them. That was really special to me.

Elder Caceres crossing a sketchy bridge across the giant ditch. We´ve been practicing our "parkour" skills. There was another time when there wasn´t a bridge, so we jumped into the ditch, and jumped up the other side really quick. Not something I thought I would be doing as a missionary.

We also found, and have begun to teach several less active members, including one of the first member families here in Goya. It is normaly very difficult for people to return to the church, but when they have desires, it is posible. We have hope for them.

Really tasty gum.
I have learned more and more here in the mission the importance of keeping the commandments. We teach people who are not living the commandments, who are not happy, or who are suffering for their actions. I am greatful for God´s commandments that protect us and help us to be happy. It only takes seconds to mess everything up, but as we work diligently to do what is right, and keep ourselves in good places, we will be protected and have lasting happiness.

So far, I´m doing pretty good, only speaking Spanish this past week. There are a lot more words that I have to learn so that I can better express myself to my companion, and there are a lot of times when we don´t understand each other, but we teach very well together. Sometimes, I have no idea what to say or how to help a person, and then he begins to teach and everything he says sounds so perfect. I know that we are together for a reason.
Us in the plaza. Elder Caceres is pretty silly and a really good teacher.
I am happy to be serving God with all that I am. Right now, it feels like so little, and I make so many mistakes, but God expects us to do our very best, and I am doing the best I know how. I am greatful for Jesus Christ and his sacrifice. All of us can be forgiven, no matter what we have done. Sometimes repentance takes time, but God blesses people who have sincere desires to be better. As Elder Caceres taught several times this week, the blessings are always there, right infront of us. God waits for us to do our part, to reach for Him, and then he blesses us abundantly. "Adam fell that men might be and men are that they might have joy (2 Nephi 2:25)."

¡Que tenga una semana feliz!
Elder Cloward

No comments:

Post a Comment