Saturday, October 22, 2016

Repentance is a Change in Character

¡Hola! ¿Como estan todos?

This is the last week of the transfer, so next week I will be writing on Tuesday. I am excited to see what will happen! My guess is I will stay with Elder Zabala for his last transfer in the mission and stay one more transfer, or go this transfer to a new area. We will see.

We did divisions with some other Elders. Elder Hernandez (Chile) and I got soaked on the way back to the pension.
This week has been very interesting, especially because of all of the rain we have been receiving. We weren´t used to it raining so much, so we went out several times without rain gear. We got soaked multiple times! It was pretty silly. The streets were full of water after it rained. I brought my tall boots thinking I would be fine. However, there was so much water, I didn´t see a ditch and fell in! My boots filled up and I was no longer dry. As I poured the water out of my boots, I looked up and saw a family staring out at us from their house. It was pretty silly.


A lot of water.

Elder Zabala and I are learning a lot together. It was a tough week and we really had to come closer and work together to make it through. I have recongnized several of my weaknesses that I have had for some time. Now that I have recognized these weaknesses, I can receive help from God and He can make my weaknesses strong (Ether 12:27). When things are difficult and we seek to follow God and to become better, we can know that God is strengthening us to help others even more.

Elder Zabala, our mission leader Sebastian, and me. The streets were full of water!

We are seeing slow but steady progress in our investigators. Brian and David, the sons of Oscar Martinez are beginning to enjoy more and more the lessons we are teaching. Hermano Martinez is an inactive member who wants his two sons to be baptized, but is having trouble coming back to activity. He is beginning to change though and we have hope that he will come back to church.

Yanel is also reading the Book of Mormon and has many great questions. She didn´t come to church again and we don´t know why. We are learning to be patient with these people as we do all that we can to help them. When ever I think, "why don´t people come to church? Why is it so hard for everyone?" I remember my own weaknesses and try to do better myself. One can change his behaviors, but if he does not change himself, it means little. I am greatful for Christ, who helps us to change ourselves, especially when it seems impossible. I promise that He can help you when it is most difficult as you are humble, teachable, and patient with yourself.

Have a happy day!
Elder Cloward

No comments:

Post a Comment