Sunday, February 19, 2017

An Invitation to Baptism

¡Hola!

We have been really busy this week and I am super happy. The progress we are seeing in our area is incredible, a true miracle. This Sunday, 7 investigators came to church and we only looked for one of them. That one is Facundo Mencia (17). He is going to be baptized this Saturday and he is super excited! He understands everything we teach him at a level I haven´t seen in many people and it is clear that the Spirit is teaching him and helping him to change. Please pray for him so that he can overcome the trials that will come his way this week.

I had divisions with Elder Nuñez from Southern Chile and we got drenched. We didn´t bring jackets or anything and the rain caught us by surprise!
Lidia is not married or baptized yet, but we hope and believe it will happen in the next few weeks. We are trying to get the birth certificate of her future husband Jose, but it is in Buenos Aires. We are looking for other options and have several good plans. Please continue to pray for them.

The mosquitos here come in all shapes and sizes.
We met a great young man, Alegandro, who came to church for his first time yesterday. His girlfriend Belen is a recent convert and is helping him a bunch. From the very start of the lesson we had with him yesterday, he told us he is trying to change his life. We shared with him how the Book of Mormon is a guide to become a better person. At the end, I felt prompted to invite him to be baptized, but I was nervous how he would respond. I invited him anyway as we read a scripture in 3 Nephi 11. The invitation surprised him and he told us he would have to see. Just as we were about to say the closing prayer, he interupted "wait! What was that you were saying about baptism? How can I prepare myself to be baptized?" We were so happy! We marked several scriptures to help answer his questions and Belen shared her testimony with him. After the lesson I was just so full and happy. I imagine that heaven is a little like that, but a whole lot better. I am happy to be a missionary. I love God and his son Jesus Christ. Only through them can we receive a fullness of joy now and forever. As we have our eye "single to the glory of God," we will find greater joy in our service.

Elder Sears, my amazing companion.

¡Que tenga una semana feliz!

Elder Cloward


Everyone playing basketball. We play every preparation day.

No comments:

Post a Comment